Rev. Andres R. Diaz Memorial

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice memorial video and Rev. Diaz will be missed.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful and loving way for us to share the memories of my dad with family and friends. Great job, Chriss!!

Anonymous said...

Although I only met Andres a short time ago, he left a lasting impression on me because we both shared a common passion - FISHING! I want to express my condolences to the Perren and Diaz families for your loss of such a kind, loving person.

Susan Hall

Anonymous said...

Hi Florence;
What a wonderful commentary to the life and times of such a wondrful humanbeing. I truly believe that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Everyone's life was made so much richer because of Andres.

Marjorie Johnson

Anonymous said...

Florence's letter informing me of Andres' death arrived today and hit me like a sledge hammer. I knew him as a special friend. Our friendship began at Bangor Seminary. I knew him as "the bishop", a name which he also called me. Slightly irreverent! but exchanged in deep love. In our last year at Bangor we served together as co-pastors of the Milford, Maine Congregational Church. Since I am white, we were known as the "mocha ministry". We had a ball.
My wife and I exchanged visits with him in the late 70's. He came to Conn. - we visited him in New York. I had the joy of preaching at his church in Brooklyn and particpating in his installation in Englewood.
We had lost touch except for a phone call a few years ago. I will miss him deeply & appreciate Florence's letter & the copy of his memorial service & the video. Many memories have been rekindled and I give God the thanks for having know him.
Shalom, Jeff Belcher, Tenants Harbor, ME.

Anonymous said...

Deveda and family,

Please accept my condolences about the passing of your beloved father. He always has been and will be remembered as a loving man who cared for his family.

May God continue to watch over you and your family...

With warm regards,

your friend,

Danny C. Gilmore, Jr.

Unknown said...

On this date, September 18, 2009, one year after Andres left us, his loss still reverberates in my heart. Our 4th wedding anniversary was one week - Sept. 25, 2008 - after he passed away.

I think of him every second of every day. I miss him more every day. But he left me with wonderful memories and I don't miss a day reading this beautiful Celtic poem that brings him closer to me.

"Grieve not....
nor speak of me with tears....
but laugh and talk of me....
as though I were beside you.
I loved you so...
'twas Heaven here with you."

Florence Perren-Diaz

Unknown said...

Today, January 4th, 2019, is Andres' birthday. He would be blowing out 86 candles if he was with us to celebrate. What I wrote above on September 18, 2009 has not changed at all. I was blessed to love and be loved by such a special person.
Florence Perren-Diaz